Congratulations to our brides to be!
Finding your wedding gown is an exciting time you get to share with friends and family. It is out goal to prepare you with what you should know before you start your search to make your decision as easy as possible. Enjoy!
- Every brides bridal experience is different.
- I'm sure by now you've heard advice from previously married friends or family. We want you to not get caught up in what other people tell you to expect. This is YOUR bridal experience and you will have your own unique journey.
- Set a budget
- This is a very important thing to do because dresses in our store range from $1,500 - $15,000... Be honest with yourself, your family, and your fiance on how much you're willing to spend. As a stylist I never want to put my bride into a dress that is wa over her budget. If she falls in love, It doesn't make the appointment fun for anyone!
- Have a sense of what your style is
- Do some research online and figure out what you think your style is.Research designers and find a style that suits you before you start shopping.
- It's never too early to start searching for the gown
- One thing brides NEED to know is that the average time to get a wedding dress is 6 - 8 months (and that doesn't include alterations time)! Give yourself a full year for the process and you won't feel rushed (or run into fee's)!
- Sometimes bringing every friend and cousin you have isn't the best idea...
When you are searching for your dream gown and you have 5 other opinions coming your way, you can feel overwhelmed quick. We suggest bringing someone who knows you well and whose opinion you value. Bring the big group when you come back to try your actual dress on for the first time!
- When you fall in love with a dress, trust your instinct that you found it.
If you don't cry, it's ok! If you cry that's ok, too! A lot of brides look at purchasing a wedding gown with a very analytical way. They compare the dress to everything else. So how do you know when you found it? You'll get a feeling that the dress you're in is everything you dreamed of for your wedding day. You'll feel beautiful and like a bride.
- Be ready to commit
If you go into an appointment assuming you won't find your dress; odds are you won't find it. You have to open yourself up to the possibility that you may purchase your wedding gown today! With that being said, I don't mean you should put pressure on yourself to go find something and have the special moment... You should go in with the possibility of finding and purchasing your dress the day you book the appointment. It doesn't matter if it's the first or last one of the day; go in with the same positive mindset.