Happy Monday to all of our lovely brides!
Today's blog post is for our future brides who are just starting the search for their gown! (But to our brides who have already purchased your gown, if you have anymore tips please leave them in the comments below)!
Okay, so we know trying to find the perfect wedding gown is very exciting but can also be scary, stressful, and leave you feeling very anxious... But the truth is, it doesn't have to be! Our goal at Mon Amie is to make the experience as fun and as easy as possible for all of our brides. So here we are, giving you our expert advice to making wedding gown shopping a breeze!
First things first,
1. Come with an idea in mind
- You may not know which style will fit you best or what kind of fabric you like... But if you know you don't like a big ball gown or a tight fitting mermaid then that is a great first step in finding your ideal style! (Usually thinking about what you know you don't like helps you and your stylist realize what you do like)!
-Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest! Look up different styles of dresses online and have some photos to show your stylist. Sometimes using pictures to describe what you like is easier than using words!
2. Trust your stylist!
- Your stylist is going to listen to what you want, see your reaction in the dresses you try on and get a feel for what you're looking for. Your stylist may want to pull a few gowns that they think you will like and our biggest advice is to trust them! Sometimes dresses don't look as great on the hanger as they do on the body and your expert stylist knows that!
3. Come ready to find a dress!
- We know first hand how hard it is to find a dress... We also know that the idea of finding a dress on your first time looking seems impossible but in reality that happens more often than not. I'm going to let you know that there is always going to be more dresses out there and different styles coming out with the new seasons approaching. The search for a gown can be never ending if you let it.
Once you find a dress that you love, feel confidant in, and you one that makes you feel like a bride then that's where you search stops and you know you found your wedding gown.
"Don’t let anybody rewrite your wedding dream. Shopping for your wedding dress should be an intimate experience between you and the mirror. Don’t let selfies and opinions sway what you feel and what you see in the mirror. The fewer opinions about your gown choice the better." -Laurel Mungo
Be on the lookout for a second blog post with more tips! Happy shopping, loves! xx